Say that title five times fast!
These cookies are the absolute best, and I’m not just saying that. They are sweet and salty and taste like they have every good thing in the world bundled up inside of them. Seriously, they are delicious. I made them for a dessert for this past Thanksgiving, and after posting a yummy looking photo on the Izzie + Sky Instagram, I decided I would share the wealth that is the recipe with all of you today.
When I originally made them, I decided that I wanted them to be a bit chewier than they turned out, so I list below in the ingredients less flour than I originally used. I also upped the recommended amount of chocolate, for obvious reasons. Feel free to add what you see fit! Let’s get to it!
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1.5 cups of crushed pretzels
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1.5 light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.25 teaspoon sea salt
How to do it:
- Melt the butter on the stove, allowing it to boil. When this happens, stir it until the foam goes away and the butter turns to a gold color. After this, let the butter sit and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Mix together the sea salt, flour, and baking soda.
- In the pot with the butter, add the eggs, vanilla, and brown sugar, stirring to combine.Once it is mixed, add this to the flour, baking soda and salt mix.
- Add to the dough the dark chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and pretzels.
- Scoop spoonfuls onto a pan, and grind some sea salt onto the top of each ball of dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes.
They’re Maggie approved!